Saturday, November 19, 2022

Saturday and Nothing Much Going On

I slept well again last night and was only up once in the night and got right back to sleep until 5:00AM...my regular time to get up. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. At this point I have nothing planned. 

It's 5:35AM now. I will go fix my breakfast and turn on the TV for the weather channel. I missed my walk yesterday because of the cold and I don't know what to expect out of today.

Scruff came for her breakfast and I don't see a thing of Blondie. Scruff is eating like she hadn't eaten for a week. It's probably because of the cold. According to my phone it is 21 degrees here in Caney. She started to turn away but instead went back to eat even more. 

Blondie just came to eat too. They are both eating now. I am glad Blondie finally came. I don't know what to expect of the weather today. We were forecast for snow yesterday but it never developed. Scruff is gone now but Blondie is still eating.

I think he is leaving now too. It's 6:17AM and I am hoping to get the weather forecast in a minute...on an "8".

Sure enough..it happened.Today is to be 45 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 48 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 56 degrees and sunny, Tuesday will be 57 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 58 degrees and partly cloudy Thursday is to be 53 degrees and AM showers, Friday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy. At least we are forecast rain for Thursday...that's Thanksgiving. ..wouldn't you know! At 45 degrees and sunny...maybe I will get my walk today.

I took my walk at 7:20AM. and got back about 7:50AM. It was 20 degrees but there was no breeze and that made it tolerable. The sun is shining too. I am glad to get my walk in again.

I hate missing it because I know it is good for me to keep walking.

I sent my granddaughter, Christina a birthday card. Hopefully she will get it on the 26th...her birthday. With the holiday, we never know.  I am getting one  ready for Nancy too. Her birthday is the 28th.. the day before Scott's. His birthday is the 29th. I will not send theirs off until the 23rd. 

I went to the post office and bought some more stamps. I use a lot of stamps between the birthday cards and newsletters and bulletins for the part of the congregation that don't show up for church. Soon I will also be sending out Christmas cards and the class newsletter. One classmate has already sent me a check toward the postage. I am putting all postage donations for the class newsletter in an envelope strictly for that. I also sent her a thank you note for her donation.

More even later.... 

I went through the classmate newsletters that were returned last year and marked the "returned 2022 class letters" on my two lists.I have a classmate address list on each of my two computers.I try to keep them updated  so I don't send a newsletter out to classmates that have probably died or even moved to a different address without updating me. Postage is too expensive.

I called Sally and asked her if she wanted to go to the Copan Restaurant with me and she did. I picked her up at about 11:30PM. We had a steak sandwich and then I took her home. We had a good visit though.

I bought more stamps this afternoon. I will need them for tomorrow's congregation letters after church.

I read this evening and also watched the Ohio State/Maryland football game. Ohio State won 43 to30 but for awhile there it looked doubtful. 

After the game,I went back to reading my Kindle. Then I took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and will read some more until 9:00PM...my usual bedtime.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Price of stamps is going up, too.

Kay said...

Good for you getting your walk in. I've been lazy. Have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow.