Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed, and got myself ready for church. We are having breakfast this morning at church as usual and as usual, I have been making my coffee cake. It is in the oven and will have to bake 45 minutes and then cool before I can put the glaze on it. I have the timer on so I will not forget it.

It's 5:40AM now and I will go turn on the TV to catch "the weather on the 8's" forecast when it comes on. I will also watch for the cats although they usually don't come until 6:30AM or so.

Both cats were out there for their breakfast at 6:00AM...much earlier then usual. They are eating fast because it is very cold out there. It's about time for me to check the coffee cake and see if it's done.

Th cats ate very fast and left to find shelter from the cold. I took their food in the garage and covered it. They usually crawl under that house on the west side of the street across the street on State Street... the one that faces the east. No one lives there..it's always been empty since I have lived here.It's terribly run down..a real eyesore.

I  did catch the weather though. Today is to be 48 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 56 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 59 degrees and sunny Wednesday is to be 60 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday (Thanksgiving Day)  is to be 55 degrees and AM showers, Friday is to be 55 and mostly sunny and Saturday is to be 61 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week. Thanksgiving  is the only day with rain forecast. Wouldn't you know!!

The coffeecake is done and cooling on a rack. I will put the glaze on it now.

I will need to leave here about 8:15AM or shortly thereafter to get to the church in plenty of time to get everything set up for the breakfast at  9:30AM. 

I guess I won't be taking my walk. It's 18 degrees out there according to my desktop computer.

We had a nice breakfast at church but still no visitors came for it. I don't know how long we will continue to keep it going but it's not a problem to me. I just get up a little earlier to make my coffee cake.

I will work on my letters to those who don't show up for the services. I sent out 7 of those letters. It never hurts for people to know they are missed. I include one of today's bulletins.

It's 46 degrees now and I may as well go read again. I will go to bed after I finish my book.

More even later...


No comments: