Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept pretty well last night again and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. In a little while I will make my coffeecake for the breakfast at church. I won't leave for church until 8:30AM so I have some time to get the coffeecake made. It's only 5:45AM now. As usual, I am eating my breakfast here in the den.

It will be an unusually busy day. This evening at 6:00PM, I will pick up Sally for our trip to Bartlesville for our concert. We will be getting home late. It's probably a two hour concert and it begins at 7:30PM and after it's over we will have the 30 minute trip back to Caney.

Before I even look at the weather or the cats, I will get that coffeecake in the oven. It will need to cool some before I can put the glaze on it too.

I got the coffeecake in the oven and also caught the cats out there waiting for their breakfast. They ate and left so I brought the food back in and put it in the garage and covered it.

Now I caught the weather too.

Today is to be 48 degrees and sunny, Monday will be 45 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday is to be 45 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 39 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 45 degrees and Mostly sunny, Friday is to be 34 degrees and mostly cloudy and Saturday is to be 40 degrees and partly cloudy. I see they took the rain out of Monday...too bad! We need the rain.

The coffeecake is done and has the glaze on it too. It's only 7:30AM now and I don't need to be at church until about 8:45. The breakfast is at 9:30AM.

I will leave here at 8:30. That will give us an hour to prepare things for the breakfast. Then after the service we will pack our boxes for the Christmas Child project.

More even later.. 

I got to church in plenty of time to get my coffeecake to church for breakfast. We still haven't had any guests come to eat with us yet. We are out in the country so that may be a factor. It may take awhile.

Karan spoke at church and, as usual, did a good job. Melissa will be up next week.  They were gone this week to Kelly's daughter's wedding. We had a nice group though.

I will leave at shortly before 6:00PM to pick up Sally for our concert in Bartlesville. It doesn't start until 7:30pm but we anticipate having a hard time finding parking if we wait any later. We will just visit until they open the doors. 

We got in the community center and after awhile they began to look at our tickets and we went up and found our seats.  The concert was very loud and the music was not anything I liked. But it was something to do on a Sunday night that was different. It was all about Aretha Franklin's life. I am hoping the other four concerts will be something I will like. It was a different experience..that's for sure.

Sally felt the same way.

It was after 10:00PM when we left the community center. I took Sally home and then I got home about 10:30PM. I took my bath and will go on to bed right away.

No comments: