Saturday, August 5, 2023

Saturday and Possible Rain.

 I slept very well and was up at my usual 5:00AM and made my bed, dressed and go myself ready for the day.

Then I went to turn on the weather and check on Blondie. I was just in time to catch "the weather on the 8's" and, sure enough, Blondie was out there too waiting for his breakfast. So I caught a photo of the weather forecast and then took his dry food out to him and he ate and left.

Today is to be 93 degrees and thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be  92 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Monday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 86 degrees and AM showers, Wednesday is to be 92 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy and Friday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny.

That's the week! It does look like some rain this week.

I hope I can get my walk this morning. I will take an umbrella if I do.

I am having my coffee and a breakfast bar here in the den. 

I did take my walk and took an umbrella with me. Luckily, I did not need it but it definitely is going to rain. It's has begun a low rumble of thunder. I probably got home just in time.  I got almost a half bag of trash too. I put that in my dumpster.

The thunder is getting louder now.

Sure enough! It's starting to rain now. I just looked outside.

It's pouring down rain now. We needed it badly!

More Later 

Then after the rain finally stopped I looked out at my trees. They had been stripped of all their branches. I sent John and photo and asked him if he could come cut up the branches and put them in his pickup. He looked at the photo  and said there was way too much for one pickup. So then I sent the photo I had taken to Stephen and he said he would have the tree removed. Then I discovered the tree in the back on the west side of my apartment was also broken down and I sent that photo to Stephen too. It was all a terrible mess. He said he would have all three of our trees taken down and replace them with sturdier trees.

After I cleaned up what I could, I called Sally to see if she would like to go down to Copan Restaurant for lunch. She wanted to go so I picked her up and we went there for our lunch.  Then we went to a thrift store in Bartlesville and bought two pairs of size 20 pants petite for Nancy. I will check if they will fit her on Thursday next week. If not, I will donate them to the thrift store and buy two smaller sizes instead. They were only $1.00 apiece. So I can't lose much. She may wear 18's now. Those I bought her earlier were size 15 XX L petite and she can't get into any of them any more.

More Later... 

I read most of the afternoon and then took my bath at 7:00PM. I plan to read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

No comments: