Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

 I slept pretty well last night and was only up once and then took my two meds and got back to sleep. I was up at 5:00AM. made my bed and got myself ready for the day. Then I turned on the TV and caught "the weather on the 8's" and also Blondie waiting for his breakfast.  I put it out front for him and he is eating hungrily. I had my breakfast bar and am drinking my coffee.

I will clean the apartment today. I cleaned for a couple of hours and got everything nice and shiny. 

I am leaving tomorrow at 3:30PM with Karan for the women's retreat at the campsite just south of Joplin Missouri. It's just Friday and Saturday but it should be a good retreat. It's been awhile since we've had one.

Now, for the weather..

Today is to be 79 degrees and AM light rain,  tomorrow is to be 70 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 51 degrees and rain, Sunday is to be 41 degrees and rain. Monday is to be 48 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 49 degrees and sunny, and Wednesday is to be 50 degrees and sunny. That's the week...cooler weather and some rain.

More Later... 

I called Sally to see if she wanted to go to lunch at the Dairy Queen in Independence. She did..but she was in Coffeyville and stuck next to a long train. I told her I would wait for her to get home and she said she would call me when that happened. Sure enough, she did and I picked her up and we went to Independence and ate at the Dairy Queen. We like to do that about once a week. We got back home about 2:50PM.

More Later... It's 3:38PM now...

It's 7:32PM now and I just took my bath and put my pajamas on. I had finished the second book from the library this afternoon and took both of them up to the library's book drop. 

Karan and I will be leaving for the Joplin area tomorrow afternoon to the women's retreat. She and I will be back home Saturday afternoon. Since most of our congregation are women and what men we have do not know how to operate the electronics, we dismissed church on Sunday. Karan and Leslie will be gone to Arkansas on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I will go to one of the local churches here in Caney.  It's called Cornerstone Church of Caney. Keith and Barbara Rogers attend there.

I will read on a book I had started some time ago until my 9:00PM bedtime.

 

No comments: