Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rainy Day

It rained all morning and there is flooding forecast. Slinky and Missy stayed in all morning because it was blowing rain. It was flooded when we went to Independence for the Ministerial Association meeting. We had to take a different route. The meeting ran over it's time. The new president is very unorganized and had no printed agenda. I like him very much but between him and the new Vice President, who is very long winded, it will be hard to get anything done. I like him too but he has problems getting to the point. He had appointed none of the committees and our first special service is the Thanksgiving service.

We took some things out to Leslie later on and then went to Wal Mart and bought our ham for tomorrow evening's dinner. I have no idea how many of the 14 invited to the dinner will actually come. It is supposed to rain again so we may be very small group.

I did some cleaning this morning although the house is pretty clean from the cleaning I gave it Monday. I will spruce it up again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, Your dinner sounds great. I hope all your invited guests show up. It has rained here a lot lately but sure does look like fall with the leaves coming down every day. I hope Scott likes his new friend.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Judy. She called him this evening and told him she wanted to be honest with him. She had a pre-existing date tonight and she is going to go ahead and go but she says it is a nothing. She will call him when she gets in.

He is very disappointed and down over this. Personally, I think he's overreacting.