Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gorgeous Thursday!



It is really lovely today. The sun is shining and it is nearly 60 degrees. I went to the dollar store this morning and got wrapping paper and ribbon and wrapped the two gifts we have for the baby. My grandson, his wife and baby are coming home today. Tomorrow evening we will go over to see the baby and I will take the gifts then.

After I got home, I started working in the yard, cleaning out the flower beds. There were lots of leaves to be scooped up. I also did some raking. This afternoon, I need to get my apple brown betty baked for the dessert this evening. So I will leave off working in the yard. Our son-in-law will come after he gets off work and set our Christmas gift trellis in cement. Then I can clean out the area where we are going to make a flower bed. Here he is after he got it all set. Isn't it nice? I am going to dig out all the dirt behind it and plant clematis.

The yard is full of weeds. I did quite a lot of weeding but there's not a lot we can do as long as we have animals. When the animals are gone someday, we will use some weed killer and some pre-emergent weed killer and try to clean up this yard.

The peonies are coming up and so is the hosta. The clematis is up about an inch. Spring is surely right around the corner even if they are forecasting snow for Saturday. It better not!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I love that trellis. It will be so pretty with the clematis on it. I am going to show it to my Bob and see if he can build one, too. I am so glad spring is finally arriving. Have a good weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. That was so sweet of our son-in-law.