Monday, April 19, 2010

Early Spring flowers


I am getting extremely impatient to get flowers planted. The phlox are in bloom and I have two lovely hanging baskets that I got at the market for $9.95 each. I have been watering them regularly.

This afternoon I worked all afternoon in the yard. I weeded a new flower bed and got it ready to live with pavers tomorrow afternoon after it warms up.

I took some photos of the peonies just ready to bloom and the creeping Phlox just in bloom. I can hardly wait until the danger of frost is past.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Glad you are back and had a good time. I enjoyed reading about India and Africa in your post. I have been covering up my flowers for the past 2 nights. I jumped the gun and planted too early and we are having frost. I keep some old sheets just for that reason and throw them over the flowers. I am glad your husband is going to find out what is wrong.

Balisha said...

Hi Margie welcome back. The front of your house looks so pretty. Your peonies are much farther along that ours. We have peony blooms about Memorial Day here in N. Illinois.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

You are much further north, Balisha. When I was in Independence, Missouri last week, I noticed they were a couple of weeks behind us here in southeast Kansas too.

It is good to be home.