Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday at the Campgrounds

After the church service Sunday, Leslie and I just grabbed a milkshake and left for the campgrounds. We first went to Talbots where she exchanged her slacks and then went through their sale rack for two additional bargains. She found two neat tops and another pain of denim slacks.

We stopped at the Candy House on the way there and I bought a half pound of peanut clusters. We each ate six or seven.

Then we went out to the campgrounds. About fifty or sixty people showed up, many of them children with their young mothers and fathers. There were a half dozen my age. There are two big shelters by the pool and we mostly sat and visited.

We got home about 7:30. It was a good day. It had cooled off a little because of Saturday night's rain so it was bearable.

After I got home, I got my church weekly newsletters done before bedtime. I need to get a cheer up card for Carletta sometime today. She is back at Mayo's for an experimental treatment for her disease. She is staying alive with blood transfusions weekly right now.

I will clean at Leslie's this morning and then meet her for lunch.

It is supposed to cool off into the 90's this week. That will be a welcome relief from 102 -107.

No comments: