Friday, September 17, 2010

Lunch On Friday

My brother-in-law called this morning and asked me to have breakfast with him so I did. He had been to see my sister yesterday and she raked him over the coals and made him depressed. He realizes that that is the Alzheimers talking but he still feels bad when she accuses him of "trying to get rid of her". I felt so sorry for him.

Later this morning I will go to Cherryvale and have lunch with Gay. First I will go to Independence and pick up a blouse I saw there. I have many t-shirts for fall and winter but only three blouses.

My brother-in-law will bring over an old set of dishes for me to put in the booth this afternoon when I get back. He wants to get rid of them. They take over valuable space. Plus, he's never going to need them.

I got busy cleaning out the shed yesterday afternoon and didn't make it to Windsor Place. Before I knew it, it was time to clean up for PINCH. After PINCH, Marilyn and Jack and Howard and I went to dinner at Eggberts. Judy is in Europe with a friend and Howard is lonely too. It was good to be with friends. Jack insisted on buying my dinner.

The shed was really filthy. I got out the broom and shop vac, moved everything out and swept and vacuumed the entire shed. It leaks in under the wall when it rains.

My next project is to really clean out the garage. I started that Tuesday. Then I have my patio bench to paint and the yard swing. Lots of stuff to do before winter.

Also, I want to take Bob's clothes to Bartlesville to the Goodwill store. They will give me a receipt for Leslie to use to take off her income tax.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting a headstart on all the things that need to be done before winter. My garage needs a good cleaning. I may do that today. You have motivated me! Glad you enjoyed your lunch with friends. Have a good weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I hope you have a nice weekend too.

Freda said...

Oh no - that reminds me I need to get started cleaning out the shed and the garage...... Shouldn't have dozed off this afternoon.

Betty said...

My goodness! You stay so busy, it makes me feel like a slug! Wait, I AM a slug. lol

Margie's Musings said...

I find it helps me to not feel sorry for myself if I stay busy.