Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday At Last

Well, I didn't sleep much after 2:00 when Missy woke me up to go out. I kept thinking about all I had yet to do for the garage sale. Leslie and Sage finally came about 7:30 and brought a lot of odds and ends that were mostly not priced. I knew if things went as usual with the garage sale, some people would be here early and I wouldn't have time to get that stuff priced then with only me and Bob A. working it. So I finally got up at 4:00 and brought it into the kitchen and priced it and took it to the garage. Then I fixed a pot of coffee and had some oatmeal. I took a few bites and then gave the rest to Slinky. He loves oatmeal.

More later...

Bob A came over at 7:00 AM and we moved the tables out on the drive. People started coming immediately. There was a steady stream all morning. We boxed up the little bit that was left and took it to the mall. We priced everything very cheap. We each made about $35.00. Leslie didn't bring much but she made $7.20 anyhow.

Then I blew out my garage and washed my car for tomorrow. Everything looks pretty nice.

John couldn't come by to get the tables this evening. He will pick them up later. Tonight I will just rest and go over my notes for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I enjoyed looking at your pictures of the yard sale. I bet those tupperware bowls sold. They are collected by a lot of people here and sell quick in our booth at the mall. Also, the flowers were nice. I used to have yard sales but this neighborhood where I am now doesn't seem to draw anybody. Hope you have a good week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. We sold off nearly everything. I had one box left and Bob had a couple and then Leslie had one little box.

It went well and we were finished by noon.