Monday, October 11, 2010

Very Busy Monday

I trimmed up my hanging plants this morning after I had a bite of breakfast. I did not take Slinky for a walk. I got started getting stuff out that I want to put in the garage sale and started pricing it. Then I started cleaning the garage and setting up tables. I have my scrapbook table and I got it out and there was a large tabletop in the garage so I got it out and jerry-rigged a stand to lay it on. I gave the saw horses to Jeromy, my grandson, and I could have used them. But I only have a garage sale once a year and my brother-in-law has saw horses so he will bring them.

The more I cleaned in the garage the more dirt I found. Spiders and their webs were everywhere and I got the shop vac out and vacuumed and vacuumed. I even vacuumed under the work bench and found boxes of stuff that was full of dirt. I got some old rags and cleaned off the tools and vacuumed out the dirt. Finally I thought of opening the shop vac and seeing how much was in there. It was packed. I don't believe that shop vac had ever been opened and cleaned out. I could barely find the filter. I didn't have a new one so I got some plastic bags and proceeded to clean the vac and filter as best I could. I got an entire sack full of debris out of the vac itself. And half a sack out of the filter. When I finally got it all put back together again, I was amazed how well it worked. The garage was always Bob's domain so I just left it to him to keep it clean...or not!

Well it's clean now and I will keep it that way. I worked from 10:00 this morning until 1:45 this afternoon.

Leslie thought I had started too early to get stuff out but I know it will take me awhile to find everything I want to get rid of too. When the mall opens on Wednesday, I am going to bring some of that stuff that is not moving to the garage sale and see if I can get it moving from there. I am not going to put clothing in this time..just junk and things I want to get rid of. I am going to bite the bullet and really clean out stuff this time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Margie,
Ed Casey here.
It has been years since we last were together.

Margie's Musings said...

That's right, Ed! How are things with you?