Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Better Day

Today was a better day. About 10:30 this morning I left for Chanute to have lunch with Gay. I had to cancel on Thursday because of bad weather. Today was somewhat better. I met her at 11:30 at Opie's. That was a great restaurant. They had a lovely salad bar, pizza and boasted chicken. It was all very good and then they had some good soft serve for dessert.

We ate a little bit of everything. Then we walked around town and looked in the stores.

About 2:45, she needed to leave for her haircut appointment.

I came back home then and stopped at Wal Mart to buy cat food and some cleaning supplies. While there I called Gene. His wife, Carletta, is dying. She's only 65 and has an untreatable form of cancer of the bone. Hospice has been called in. I asked how the food was holding up. I was going to fix some stew to take out there but Gene said the neighbors were keeping them stocked and they had plenty.

Slinky was ready to come in when I got home. It's 40 degrees out but he wanted in the kitchen. I fed him and then left him out for awhile. About 6:00 I let him in and he went to bed after awhile. He goes to bed about 5:30.

I will watch TV tonight. I missed Harry's Law on Monday so I will watch it tonight. It's a pretty good show. After that, an old movie that I like is supposed to be on. It' "When Harry Met Sally". I've seen it a couple of times before but I like it so I'll watch it again.

Hopefully, I can stay awake for it. I woke up at 2:30 to let Missy out this morning and again at 4:30 to let Slinky out. Then I got up at 4:45 and made my bed and dressed. After Slinky took his nap, I went in and made up my face.

2 comments:

clairz said...

I'm glad you had a better day, Margie. When I read your previous post I had to agree that there is nothing quite as upsetting as dealing with companies by phone these days. I am in the middle of a mess caused by the doctor's office calling in the wrong prescription to the wrong place and, rather than trying to explain/straighten it out by phone, am planning to go straight to the office itself and talk to a real person face to face. Even so, I'm not looking forward to it.

Hope your Sunday goes well. We are expecting a cold and cloudy one, then warm days for the rest of the week. We'll send the warm days your way for you and Slinky!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair. We could use some here.