Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lunch Today

Do you want to see something funny? Missy hates Slinky but not enough not to share his bed.

Today I will go to Chanute (about 50 miles) to have lunch with Gay and her mother. They have invited me up for that. I don't know when I will be able to take off and do this again unless Gay can wait to eat until 1:00 or so.

I will start my job training on Monday. I am dreading it. It's only half a day but I still dread it. The office room is very small and it's crammed full of the supervisor's desk and three or four file cabinets. I do not know where I would sit to work. If I am only a file clerk I will be on my feet all morning and with this left foot that gets sore with a bunion, I don't know if I can handle that or not. If it doesn't work out, I can ask Aime for another assignment, I guess.

I enjoyed my trip to Tulsa with Leslie yesterday afternoon. I think she's making a big mistake by going to this diet doctor though. He's actually a chiropractor and he has given her liquid vitamins and no diet pills but the worst thing is the diet itself. It's 500 calories a day. I have dieted before myself with the aid and supervision of a doctor and they say always eat at least 1,000 calories a day. And this doctor doesn't want her to eat breakfast either and that is unhealthy in itself. She paid almost $200 for the vitamins and a small recipe book. It's still going to take massive willpower to not eat more then 500 calories a day without an appetite suppressant. Oh well, it's her business. We went to a restaurant afterward and had a salad and iced tea.

Then we went to Garden Ridge and looked for table decorations for a banquet John's company is giving for farmers on Saturday. We bought some small buckets and she will fill them with candy and set them on checkered kitchen towels. That should be cute.

By the way, I didn't go to Chanute. It was raining too hard and I didn't want to deal with it. It hailed early morning and I did not want to get my car dented. That happened to my Toyota in 2003.

We'll try again later.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

sounds like the HCG diet, she'll loose the weight, but it will take a change of eating habits to keep it off.

Margie's Musings said...

True...very true.