Monday, February 21, 2011

Quiet Monday

Today I will do some vacuuming. It is dreary and drizzly outside. I wanted to work in the yard today. I still have two flowerbeds in the back to clean up and one in the front. I also have those leaves I raked into piles to get bagged. But it is too wet today to do it. Maybe it will be better tomorrow. I see the leaves have blown onto the patio again. If it warms up some later I'll go sweep them up again and get them bagged. I raked a couple of days ago and my right arm is sore. I took some Aleve that evening but it's still sore.

I let Slinky in the house this morning and I made him some oatmeal. He loves oatmeal and it has been several days since he's had any. He has been staying outside the past few nights since it had warmed up. I have slept later too. I didn't wake up until after 6:00 this morning.

Slinky is sitting here next to me now. He enjoys being in the kitchen...at least until he gets bored with it.

I am thinking of going to Bartlesville later today. I may do that if it warms up. I could use a few new knit shirts or blouses for work. And the long sleeved ones would be on sale in February. I think I have plenty of slacks. That's what they wear there at Senior Services.

More later...

My daughter e-mailed me mid morning that one of our parishioners who has a fatal cancer of the bone marrow is now on oxygen. Her daughter, my doctor, says she only has a few days to live. The family is gathering so my daughter went in to Wal Mart on her lunch hour and bought the 52 piece of fried chicken to take out there to help feed them. I went to the market and bought some beans and made up some baked beans and I also made some coleslaw and took some tea out for them to drink. It is very sad. She is 65 and has always has been a barrel of energy.

When I got home, I just called everyone in our congregation to alert them then I read the rest of the afternoon.

Slinky is back in the house (the kitchen) because it is a little over 20 degrees out there on the patio.

My daughter got the job she interviewed for last Friday. That will give her quite a bit more money and she can buy a new car. Her car is 10 years old and has nearly 200,000 miles on it. I am very happy with her getting that new job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, So glad your daughter got the job and you and Slinky are doing o.k. Guess Slinky knows a good thing. I love oatmeal, too. lol. I raked leaves all day last Friday. Now, it is raining here and turning colder again.