Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another Lenten Luncheon

Today is another Lenten Luncheon. I got my brother-in-law to agree to go with me again today. He needs to socialize and keep active. He goes to see my sister in the nursing home every single day. Bless him! He is so good to her. Not every man would be so faithful.

I will work this morning until 11:00 and then pick him up for the Lenten Luncheon at 11:30 at the First Baptist Church. Tomorrow is Coffeyville Ministerial Alliance. I got my minutes and the agenda duplicated yesterday after lunch. I need to call in reservations to Windsor Place this morning.

I fell asleep in the recliner yesterday after lunch and did not get to go see Phyllis so I will go today. I had a meeting at 3:30 and was ten minutes late for that.

I was kept busy today at work. That's the way I like it. Afterward, I picked up Bob A. and we attended the Lenten Luncheon. There were even more people there today. They served homemade chicken and noodles, green beans and hot rolls. That was really good. I hadn't eaten any supper last night and only four bites of oatmeal this morning (Slinky got the rest of it) so I was hungry.

It's almost 1:00 now. At about 1:15 I will go see Phyllis again. I didn't go yesterday, which is my usual day, because I fell asleep in the recliner. I will not make that mistake again.

If the wind would go away, I would rake later on this afternoon but I just had my hair done yesterday and I do not want it all mussed up by the wind.

Well, the wind did go away. I got the front raked except for the east side and got the back mowed but not trimmed. I also want to buy some cedar mulch and mulch the flowerbeds. I can tell it is spring. I am getting ambitious to work in my yard.

Tomorrow, if it is nice, I will finish the raking in the front and mow there. I have taken some photos but since nothing is blooming there isn't much to see. In the front my pflox are blooming. Tomorrow if I get finished, I will take some photos of the front and post them. The back looks so much better.

No comments: