Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More of the Same

Today was just more of the same. I did about 15 minutes worth of work and the rest of the time I just sat around. I have a job interview this evening at 5:00 with the Mill Supply Apartments for a managers position. That would include housing and I would have to sell my house and take my animals to the SPCA. But I'm going to the interview. I don't have much hope they will hire me anyhow.

I need to get some job applications out this week. I will be gone after the 9th to camp. It would be the 18th anyhow before I could start any job.

I have an appointment on the 6th to see Dr. Smith about re-doing my left foot bunion surgery. I will probably not get it done if they haven't improved it lately. The Keller procedure is to open the bunion and take out a part of the joint and put a steel rod into the incision and into the big toe. The big toe often then gets limp and that causes a strange gait. So unless the procedure is improved, I won't have it done. I'd rather live with the discomfort even if my foot is ugly. I'll know more after the 6th.

I'm not happy with the results of my eyelid surgery and don't really trust any surgeon much to improve the situation on my foot. If you want to see the procedure. Go here..

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=1898

More later...

I just returned from a job interview. I may get the job. I had a great interview. I also got a tour of the facility. The job is as manager of a really nice apartment complex. You don't have to live on the premises. That is a benefit because I want to keep my house, my dog and my cats. It is low income housing but they are very strict about who they rent to. They need a manager. After an hour's interview, they gave me the tour.

The job would be 25 hours a week, probably more until all the units are rented. It pays $12 an hour. There is quite a bit of paperwork and my computer skills were impressive. I do need to learn Excel. I use Excel but do not know how to set it up but I'm sure it doesn't take a rocket scientist to learn it. They would pay a straight $12.00 X 25 each week and would pay monthly. (unless there was an awful lot of extra hours, like at first. Then those would be compensated).

I'm not sure whether I want it or not but I will have to think about it in the event they offer it to me.

No comments: