Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Still Waiting for Work

I certainly hope they have some work for me to do today. I am so tired of just sitting and watching Heather work. I know it's her "end of the year" but she agreed when she agreed to take me on her staff that she would use me and keep me busy. Well, she certainly hasn't. Today I worked...maybe a half hour.

When Aime gets back from her vacation, if I haven't heard anything from the Mill Supply Apartments, I will ask her to move me to another agency if she can. I am wasting my time and the Department of Labor's money sitting around doing nothing.

At least I can look forward today to having my patio roof installed when I get off work. Keith W. is supposed to do it and it's supposed to be 105 today and I just cannot go job searching in this heat.

I did take Slinky for a walk this morning about 5:45. He was ecstatic. When we got home though, both of us were dragging. We both need the exercise. One of these days, probably in this heat, I will come home to a dead dog. He is 13 and cannot handle the heat. I won't be back until shortly after 11:00 so he has to tough out the morning anyway.

Tomorrow is Leslie's birthday and we are planning a surprise party for her at Cyndi's Jefferson home. We will all ride out together and hide Bobby's car behind the house. I am to take salad. Bob A., Bobby M. and Karan M. are all invited.

Leslie called last night to invite me out for dinner on the 4th. She said to bring Bob A. if he had no plans. They will probably have Cyndi and Jeff too. The men are like boys when it comes to fireworks. I am to take potato salad to that dinner so I will need to do some grocery shopping tomorrow after work. I will need the makings for salad for tomorrow and the makings for potato salad for Monday.

Bob A. just called and Ralph Perkins died. His wife, Wilma died this morning too so that family lost both their mother and their father in the same month. Tragic!

More later....

My internet has been down for hours. It went down yesterday and then came back up later in the evening. Finally I called out a tech. He came and changed out the connections and the splitter and ran a new wire to the house. That seemed to fix my problem.

The roofers came today too and got the new roof over the patio installed. It looks very flimsy. I hope it holds up better then it looks like it will. So things are getting fixed right and left. I wish my job would get fixed.

No comments: