Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy Sunday

What a Sunday! I went to church and had the sermon there. After church ten of us went to a restaurant in Independence and had dinner together. After that, I went out to Wal mart and bought the cartridges for my larger printer. The small one that I really like will no longer work. It's just very old. I also bought some book packages.

When I got home I printed off the invoice for Leslie's book that sold on Amazon. I will put it in the mail tomorrow.

Then I did my regular Sunday afternoon newsletters and got them sent off. All but five can go by e-mail. Those five have to go by snail mail.

Then I messed with the laptop to try to get it to use that printer. It's impossible, I guess. It just finally died.

My brother-in-law called this evening and visited with me for half an hour on the phone. He has been all over Europe this summer and just got home. He has bought into an assisted living home they are building up there where he lives. He will have his own place but have access to doctors, a bank, a dining room, whatever he needs. He is very wealthy and can afford whatever he wants. He is in his middle 80's now but in fairly good shape for his age. He is a great fisherman and has been all over the world fishing. He was one of the American flyers who flew for China before we got into the Second World War. Some years back, China invited all those flyers who were still alive back to China for a huge state dinner and recognition for their efforts. I think they called them the Flying Tigers. Anyhow he was an engineer for General Motors until he retired. He is very smart and made some very wise investments.

No comments: