Saturday, April 28, 2012

Home Show Saturday

Today is the day I man a table at the Home Show for the library. I went by yesterday to pickup their newsletter. I will hand them out as well as brochures to advertise their summer reading program. I have a stand up tri fold display board, a quilter cloth with the library name on it to put over my table. This year it's held at the Recreation building at Walter Johnson Park so I won't have so far to drive. The last couple of years it was held at the Armory. That was way off of the beaten path. It's just 9:00 until 4:00. But I have five boxes of books to give away.

First though, I will meet my brother-in-law for breakfast. We meet nearly every Saturday morning at Eggberts for breakfast.

Yesterday at noon we ate at Just Us in Cherryvale. It is always so good and we get lots of veggies, which we need since neither of us cooks anymore.

Tomorrow though, I will cook. We are having a guest minister from Independence, Missouri. We will have a basket dinner afterward. We always enjoy those. I hope we have a good attendance.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

What is a basket dinner? A potluck??
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It's a pot luck, Balisha. We bring the food in baskets. :)