Monday, April 23, 2012

A Quiet Monday

This will also be a quiet week...thank goodness. Last week was a zoo. We enjoyed our trip to Springfield but it sure shortened the weekend to sit in meetings all day Saturday. Oh well, it doesn't happen often. The subject of the meeting was to discuss the way the policy on ordaining homosexuals or even marrying them in states that have made that legal will be written. The conference to deal with that subject will be held next year at Independence, Missouri. Right now, our ministers are forbidden to ordain or marry homosexuals but if the consensus of the conference decides to change that policy, new policy will be written. It will be historical for our church if the policy changes. I hope to be elected a delegate. I usually am. But that's no guarantee that I will in 2013.

I am going to ask my brother-in-law if he wants to go over to Cherryvale to Just Us and eat lunch this Friday. Friday is free this week although I will be working the table at the Home Show for the library on Saturday. And I only work seven hours a day this week since we don't take cakes to Independence this week. The home schooling group does it this week. I always like working just seven hours.

I got my daughter's old cell phone yesterday and after work I will take it in to US Cellular and have them transfer my address book to the newer phone. I also will take my prescription in to the Medicine Shoppe and have it refilled. The doctor cut my dosage in half after checking my blood pressure a couple of weeks ago. I have been splitting the pills I have to use them up.

I took a look at my peonies yesterday and they are fully in bloom. The blooms are so large that some of them lay on the ground even though I have them surrounded by a wire frame. You can see the plants above.

If the weather is nice this evening, I will mow. It's very cool today. I may wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh Margie...Those peonies are simply gorgeous. They remind me of the day my two graduated from high school and we had a party for them. My Grandma came in with her arms full of peonies... to decorate our house with. I don't have them here...so I will enjoy yours.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

That's too bad, Balisha. Why don't you plant some. They are really trouble free although the blooms are short lived.