Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Rainy Night

It rained last night...at last. I don't know how much rain we got but it couldn't have been much. It looks like half an inch. As I said, not much.

My e-mail is down. It was down last night before I went to bed. It's still down this morning. I imagine Cox is working on it. In the meanwhile, I have no e-mail.

Bob and I did go to Joplin yesterday. He bought a gift card from Kohl's for his daughter for Christmas. And, of course, we ate at the Olive Garden. We walked all over the mall there. We got home about 4:00 and later he came over for leftover stew for supper and then we watched one of his old movies. As usual, there was absolutely nothing on TV.

He went home about 9:30. It was a big day.

I got my Christmas cards started yesterday morning and wrote my Christmas newsletter. I will send out just a few Christmas cards this year. Postage has become way too expensive. I am buying gifts only for those who will be at John and Leslie's for Christmas dinner and gift opening and Jeromy's family..who are here.

I will wrap my few gifts this afternoon and get them under my tree.

Surprise of all surprises, I got a $17 raise in my social security. That isn't much but it is something. We got nothing last year and yet everything from gas to groceries has gone up.

More later...

Bob and I did go to the movies this evening. We saw "Lincoln". We liked the movie but hated the dozen or so violent previews prior to the movie. We won't be going again. We paid $7.00 each to watch all kinds of violence which we would never have seen if it weren't a part of the offering at the movie. At least when I rent a video or get one on loan at the library, we can fast forward past previews.

No comments: