Saturday, January 19, 2013

Busy Saturday Again

At last this is the day of the Martin Luther King service and luncheon. I got up early this morning...not because I wanted to but because my cat climbed up on my pillow and touched my cheek. The first time she did that, I thought I was dreaming. But the second time, she woke me up. I didn't have a clue what she wanted at 3:00 in the morning but I got up to find out. After I took my meds, I followed her into the kitchen where she began to eat some of her cat food. I assumed she wanted out so I opened the door but she informed me in no uncertain terms that she did NOT want out. So I went back to bed. She then came back and climbed into bed again and went back to sleep on my feet.

But that was the end of my sleep. I lay there for an hour or so thinking about the coming day. Mostly I was thinking about the couple who were coming to look at my house again today. He has not seen it. She saw it yesterday and liked it. It occurred to me that all this non essential "stuff" I've been boxing up is going to have to be either thrown away, given away or sold. Even if I can sell this house and get into a duplex or even move in out at John and Leslie's until a duplex becomes available, there will not be any storage to put these boxes in. I had been just boxing up stuff I will need to get rid of. I need to start sorting through this stuff again and throw away old textbooks for old Temple School courses. No one else will want them and I will have no use for them. What a mess! I need to box up only what I can take to the duplex or to John and Leslie's. I will have to store my furniture if there is no place to move when the house sells. I will have thirty days to find something.

Another thing I thought of...I will have to sell my Dixon zero turning radius mower and the yard tools in the shed. I even have a sixteen foot extension ladder and several other ladders that I will have to sell. I can advertise them on Open Line 69 on KGGF and sell much of the bigger stuff. That's how I sold Bob's table saw. But I have a spin trimmer, rake, shovels, and all kinds of other tools to sell too. I will have no garage...just a carport.

I will probably need to get rid of my lovely Thomasville three piece wall unit. It's too large for an apartment or duplex. I told Billie Jo I would give her granddaughter, whose home burned to the ground at Christmastime, my second bedroom group. I hope to be able to use my living room furniture and bedroom furniture and even my dining room furniture. I even have a small ladies roll top desk I want to keep. All these pieces are small. I will keep my den furniture where I keep my computer armoir, the computers, a small bookcase and the daybed with the trundle beds if I can have a second bedroom. But if no duplex is available when the house finally sells, I will store all this furniture in storage units.

Anyhow, about 4:00 I finally got up. I knew I had a slow cooker full of chili to make, a cake to bake and the stew for Monday's dinner/lunch here at home since I had thawed the meat out. I got all that done. The cake is cooling here and I will ice it after I have breakfast with Bob. The chili is on "warm" and the stew is simmering in the electric skillet. Then I will need to change my clothes for the services.

I will pick Bob up and we will drop the DVD off at V & S Variety on the way to the church. We watched "Hope Springs" last evening. It was pretty good. I ordered "Phenomenon" this morning from Amazon. It's an old John Travolta movie. I am getting quite a collection of DVDs.

No comments: