Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thank God it's Thursday!

It's one of those days. When I picked up my car at the shop last night, the bill I thought was to be $100, turned out to be $400. My savings are fast disappearing. I hope this house sells soon. The realtor has not shown it since that first and only time on the 5th.

Oh well, I still have lots of blessings. One of them is my kids. Against my express wishes my eldest son and his wife continue to deposit some money in my checking account every time he gets paid. That has been a godsend. My daughter gives me an unlimited amount of meat for the dinner I cook every day. That's a huge grocery savings. My kids are great. Another blessing, much as I would like to give it up, is my job. It helps me to make my budget every month.

I got a $17 raise in my social security and the Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance went up over $20. So I actually lost money with that.

Today, I have to go uptown and pay my home insurance and car insurance. That's also a chunk of money.

Later this morning I will cook chicken tenders for dinner/lunch. We will have mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies and cottage cheese. I still have pudding and cookies for dessert. Then I will go to work.

Tonight we will watch another video. I will pick up Marley and Me again at the V & S Variety store. If the video I ordered from Amazon comes today, we will watch it tomorrow. There is simply nothing worth watching on cable TV except PBS. Everything else is nonsense...stupid unfunny comedy and reality shows. Who cares about those. I certainly don't. The networks have cancelled everything I was interested in like "Harry's Law". I am tired of reruns of Law and Order. The movie channels that come with my package run the same movies over and over again. So if I want to watch a movie, I just rent one for $1.39 at V & S Variety.

I know..I know..I am griping a lot today. It's just one of those days.

1 comment:

ChuckFu said...

as I have always said, you and Dad raised me for 19 years and did battle for me when we lived on Wayside. have never forgotten that, what a story. You guys were always there for me during ALL my life experiances and the Good Lord has blessed me so much. spread it around

Love you and Miss him sooo much