Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Again

Today I take my car in to have the seat belts repaired. The red light has been on for over a month. Bob will come pick me up and take me home. I hope to get some housework and some more packing done while I am stuck at home. We will eat our leftovers for lunch today. Then Bob will take me to work at 1:00 and pick me up afterward.

This evening we will watch PBS and watch Nature and Nova. Then tomorrow I will go back to V & S Variety and rent another DVD if none of my DVDs arrive in the mail.

I have the old "Cat Ballew" DVD on the way. It may come sometime this week.

I watched the PBS "Frontline" program on "Inside the Obama Presidency" last night after Bob left. He was not that interested. We watched "Pioneers of Television 'Funny Ladies'". Then we watched American Experience's part two of the "Abolitionists:...1838-1854" program. Both were very good. There is only one more segment of "Abolitionists" and it will air next Tuesday.

Tomorrow I need to pay my car and home insurance. That will really deplete my checking account. I already transferred the money from my money market account earlier this week. That account is half of what it was when Bob died over two years ago. That's why I am trying to sell my house. I simply can no longer afford to keep it.

More later....

I got some more packing up done today. Little by little.. one a day.. will be a huge help if and when the time comes. I am labeling each box so I will know where it came from and where it will go. I imagine even after I move into a duplex, I will have to pay for a storage unit for all the boxes I won't be able to find room for.

I will need to start putting together lunch in a little while. Then Bob will take me to work.

After work, I picked up my car. What I thought was going to cost $100, instead cost $400. I was very shocked. I had to transfer some more money to my checking account. I hope this house sells quickly. Between it and my car repairs, I am fast running out of money.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I hope things go well for you, Margie. We were told by a realtor that we would have to get rid of 1/2 the "stuff" in our house, if we were to list it. A sparsely decorated house sells faster.When I sold my house...it was empty and it sold fast. So, if you are boxing up extra items...that's a good move.
I hope this doesn't drag out too long. Would love to hear about you moving into a new place soon.
Good luck,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha.

I boxed up another bunch of stuff today. I don't have a clue what I will do with all this "stuff" if I get a duplex. I'm not a bad pack rat and have continually gotten rid of stuff I am not using.

Still, at 77, I have accumulated an awful lot of stuff. After seventeen moves over the years, you would think I would have it culled out, wouldn't you?