Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday At Last

It's Friday at last. It's been an exhausting short week. My supervisor wanted me to scan documents yesterday instead of moving files. So I scanned all afternoon but didn't get finished. I will work on it again on Monday.

The realtor finally called last evening while Bob and I were watching the DVD he had of the Central Park concert of Simon and Garfunkle. She will call me sometime today on thirty minutes notice. She has a showing at 10:00. So I will make sure the house is neat. Winter is usually not a good time to sell a house so I don't expect much. We did sell the Independence house in winter though. Housing is picking up a little around here but not a lot. Southeast Kansas is a terrible place to try to sell a house.

I went through my records yesterday and made a list of all we did to improve this house after we moved in. There's no way I will be able to get any of that out of the house. We probably added at least ten thousand dollars to the cost of the house.

I will go to Independence this morning and get my hair done. It looks terrible. It's almost a week past the color and cut....thanks to the holiday.

More later....

The realtor finally had her associate call me and tell me it would be afternoon before she could see me. It's almost 2:00 now and still no call. I'm not wild about her using up my entire day instead of coming on over and listing my property and getting it over with. I guess I can use the rest though.

I went to Wal Mart while I was in Independence early this morning and bought $55 worth of groceries. Then I came home and did a little more cleaning before beginning lunch/dinner. We had chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and gravy, brussel sprouts and coleslaw. Cookies for dessert. I will be gone tomorrow with Leslie to Joplin for our conference training. Since I will be gone, I sent the leftovers home with Bob.

5 comments:

marlu said...

Hope your efforts work out well! We have kept track of everything we have done since we moved in here in 2006. Some are small; some not so small - new roof, repaired garage door, new kitchen sink, 2 new toilets etc. It does add up and you are right. You won't get it back but it may make it easier to sell with everything in good shape!

Margie's Musings said...

We did a ton of work on ours, Marlu. I know what you mean though.

Betty said...

It has been my experience that realtors are pretty unreliable in that they are always late or don't show up at all. They will bring prospective buyers over without making an appointment, too. Good luck.

Balisha said...

Wishing you good luck. Real estate is funny...I have an idea that you keep a very neat house....and people appreciate that along with not having to do much when they move in. If the right person comes along...it may go in a hurry.Having everything well taken care of is a big plus in selling a home.
We would have to take half our possessions out and store them if we ever would sell. We combined two households and have way too much "stuff" My previous house was empty wnen it sold...and it went fast.
This is so long, but I just wanted to say good luck again.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha and Betty. The realtor seems very nice and very thorough. She came at 4:00 and stayed until almost 6:00. She seems to think she can sell it pretty quickly. We will see. She has sold two since the first of the year and is working on the paperwork for both of those.

It is neat and I keep it that way because that's the way I want to live.