Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Problems

I started my dishwasher last evening and water backed up into my kitchen sink. I tried to plunge it but that accomplished nothing at all. So I called a plumber. He hopes to come this morning but if not, he will come at 1:00. Bob said he would come over and let him in. Or I can stay home and make up my time at work tomorrow afternoon. It's always something it seems. My house and car insurance come due next week and I also have to have my car seat belts repaired when the part comes in next week.

Yesterday at work I spent the entire day moving files from one case to another. I moved eight floor to ceiling cases full of files. I still have two to go. I came home utterly exhausted. I couldn't stay awake for the PBS show on volcanoes. I took my bath and went to bed as soon as Bob left.

This morning the water is still standing in the sink and the dishwasher is full of dirty dishes. I have had a cup of warmed over coffee and read my e-mail and online County Chronicle newspaper. There's no sense fretting about the expense of living. Nothing changes that. It beats the expense of dying.

I have had a sore right forearm for a couple of months. I don't know what causes it but I don't intend to go to the doctor over it because it appears to be in the forearm muscle and I imagine it's my age and the work I do. I can only work for three more years at this government job training job. Before then, I will have to sell my house and move into rental property. Taxes and insurances and house repairs are eating up my savings.

More later...

My daughter just called me and suggested that I go ahead and put my house on the market. She says if it sells before I can find a duplex, I can put my furniture in storage and move into their extra bedroom until I can find a duplex I want with either a garage or a carport. I guess it's time alright. If it doesn't sell right away I have lost nothing. If it does sell, I will have the equity from the house to supplement my income and I can give up the job. I will check with a realtor after the plumber comes.

The plumber came and after some problems, got my sink unstopped. I will be billed later. The realtor I wanted is not in this morning. So that didn't work out.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

You're right..it's always something. Plumbers are so expensive...good luck with that.

Your daughter's ideas sound like a good plan for you in your situation.. right now. Are there a lot of rental properties for seniors in your area? Hopefully you can get in the right place and not have to worry about working.

Blessings today...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

No Balisha, there aren't...except for apartment buildings without carports. I must protect my car. It's all I will ever have. We get a lot of hailstorms here.

I am wanting a duplex with carport or garage.

Betty said...

Houses are money pits, as you have found out. Selling my house was a huge relief. Of course, there are pros and cons, but not having to pay for insurance, property taxes and constant repairs is worth any compromise you might have to make. I hope everything works out for you.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Betty I only hope my house sells. Southeast Kansas is the most depressed area in Kansas. There are four houses on the market in my neighborhood already.