Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day

It's early yet so I don't know how the weather has turned out. If it isn't icy today, Bob and I will go down to Owasso for a meal at the Olive Garden there. If it is icy, we'll just stay home and I'll fix something for lunch and he will come over and help me eat it. We had stew yesterday. It tried to snow a little yesterday but mostly just drizzled.

We watched a DVD last evening and enjoyed it. It was the last one we had of my niece's. I was hoping to get the one I ordered from Warner Brothers last week but it didn't come. It was the old movie "Paint Your wagon".

We still have several DVDs between us to watch and I have the library where I can get some of them. If they don't have them, they will order them through inner-library lending. I can also go to V & S Variety where they still rent DVD's.

I will work all day tomorrow to make up for the half day I missed yesterday. Soon my car part will be in and I will have to have the car repaired. It turned out to be the seat belts. It will be $100 I hadn't counted on. Then my house insurance and car insurance come due this month too. The house insurance is $677 and the liability car insurance is $125. I will have to take the money out of my money market account. It's always something. Oh well...I can't take it with me. I just hope I don't run out of money before I run out of life.

More later...

Bob called later this morning to say it was drizzling freezing drizzle and he was hesitant about driving on highways to Owasso. I agreed and fixed a tuna noodle casserole for our lunch. He brought coleslaw and I fixed some Texas toast. We had pears and cookies for dessert.

He came back this evening to watch the news with me and we also watched another video. It was the original "The Thing". It was still pretty good even though I had seen it in the theater back in the 50's. Then we watched PBS and Great Performances. I still got to bed before 10:30. When Bob left he had to scrape his windshield.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Hope you have a wonderful and very happy new year, Margie!! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. It was quiet and peaceful. I never left the house.