Sunday, March 24, 2013

An Early Spring Snow

Wouldn't you know it! We have a guest minister coming and a basket dinner following church and it snowed. Furthermore, I received a text message from the Montgomery County Sheriff's department warning of very slick roads. Our guest is coming from Pittsburg, Kansas, and that area is probably even worse. I wonder what our pastors will decide to do? I have e-mailed them all the warning and forwarded the one I received on my computer to them. They may not get Nexis, the program they use at the sheriff's department.

I will go ahead and make my meatloaf. If they cancel church, I can always use it for lunch today or even tomorrow. I will wait to bake the cake though. Karan brought me two cakes yesterday afternoon, one for today's dinner, to celebrate Bobby's 77th birthday tomorrow and one for the exercise class tomorrow for the same reason. I sure don't need another cake to munch on.

I opened my cedar chest and dug out my sweaters this morning and went to my den closet for my slacks. It's sure too cold to wear a blouse and cotton pants. There in the cedar chest I found my two bath mats and Scott's arrow. He bought a couple of items from John's store a couple of years ago and wanted me to mail them to him. I couldn't find a tube long enough to do that so I have just kept them here.

I am fixing a warmed up biscuit for breakfast. That and a cup of warmed up coffee should do it for this morning.

More later...

The pastors called off church. It was just too treacherous out there that early. About 10:00 Karan called and invited Bob and me to come over for dinner. She too had fixed food for the services. We took one of Bobby's birthday cakes and had a real good meal and visit afterward. Karan came over and brought Bobby after I got home and they looked at my little wicker chair and took it. Karan had given me Judy's large decorative chickens and I set them in that place.

We will have my meatloaf on Monday and Tuesday we will have Bob's chicken for lunch. He has a call in to the nurse at the hospital to postpone his surgery on his hand a couple of weeks....or at least one. He needs to get past his move which is supposed to be this week...either Wednesday or Thursday. He also has yet to hear from the mover about exactly which day he will move him.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Snow in March!! Hope you stay warm, Margie! You asked what breed Sam Schnauzer is and he is a Miniature Schnauzer -- he's just not too miniature in some places!!! Have a good day!!

Balisha said...

We are getting snow too. I'm really getting tired of seeing white out my windows. Have a good day.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Gals! Today was a trial.