Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Freezing Tuesday

It's very cold here at 6 degrees F and we're under a wind chill advisory.  But it's warmer then yesterday's -4. It's supposed to get up to 40 today but we're to get freezing rain and snow tomorrow.

I don't like winter! I have to drive up to Independence this morning to deliver six cakes to the Christian Church there. While I'm there, I'll meet my daughter for lunch. Bob will be on his own today for lunch. 

We cancelled church on Sunday too. Our church is in the country with impassable county roads leading to it. 


I wonder if the pipes there are o.k.  Maybe I should stop on the way back and check. 

I baked my two cakes yesterday afternoon and iced them this morning.  I tried out my mattress topper last night and I'm not sure it made any difference.  It made my bed taller though and easier to get out of. :)

I picked up my class newsletter at the printer's yesterday afternoon. It would have probably just laid there indefinitely until I called I guess. They did not want to fold it. They said it was too "labor intensive".  I paid for it and took it home. I had nothing much else to do except bake my two cakes so I folded, stamped and stuffed 153 class newsletters and drove over to Dearing (three miles west) and put them in the mail. It was clear in spots but I drove pretty slowly anyhow.

Bob came over last evening and we watched TV until 8:00. After he went home I took my bath and put my pjs on and stayed up until 9:00. I slept pretty well.  I do need some exercise though. I get stiff from so much sitting around.






No comments: