Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrrrr..It's A Cold Monday

It's -4 this morning in southeast Kansas. I don't recall it being this cold in years. Furthermore, it's breezy.  That makes it even worse. I let Missy out awhile ago.  She didn't stay out long before she was standing up at the storm door window wanting back in the house.

I'll bet the senior center won't be open today. I can't imagine any of us getting out in -4 degree weather to do exercises. The high is only supposed to be 17 today. Strange, tomorrow is supposed to be 43 degrees and later in the week it's to warm up to 50 degrees. Amazing...but this is Kansas.

I did postpone the Living the Questions group. I called the Coffeyville group and e-mailed Mona. Then I decided I had better call her. They come from rural Cherryvale and I sure didn't want them to come clear over here only to find I had postponed and had not called them.

I hope I will be able to go to Independence to get my hair done tomorrow. It's supposed to be much warmer tomorrow and perhaps they will have the county road scraped. If they have the dinner tomorrow evening, they will need cakes. It's our week...wouldn't you know.  I will bake my two this afternoon.

Bob came over last evening and watched TV with me until 8:00. When he left I took my bath and put my pj's on but I only stayed up until 9:00. I slept really well too.

More later.....

I received my new mattress topper today and I put it on my bed. It will be interesting to see if that helps me to sleep better and with less arm pain.

I have also ordered a new coverlet and pillow covers and they should be here tomorrow.  It will be brown and tan and will look better with my brown tweed short shag carpet in the bedroom.

I spent a lot of time today folding the class newsletter into thirds and stuffing and stamping 153 letters. I got them in the mail and then baked my two cakes for tomorrow' dinner in  Independence. Bobby brought Karan's over and Phyllis brought hers over.  Bob still has his over there at his apartment. I have to ice mine in the morning. I also made some cupcakes for our lunch desserts.

Tomorrow I'm taking my old coverlet up to have it laundered in Independence at Wash and Fluff  and then I will put it away. for another day. 


2 comments:

Balisha said...

We are at =18 this morning. Everything is closed.We'll be here with Joe exercising and me trying to keep up...LOL Hope you have a nice day.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. That's just one reason why I never want to live any further north then southeast Kansas. :)