Sunday, May 4, 2014

Another Sunday

I awoke at 3:00 this morning and never did get back to sleep. Finally at 4:00 I just got up.  Tomorrow Leslie and I will go to Joplin so I can see a doctor about getting my right eyelid raised. It droops over my eye so badly I can see it in my peripheral vision.  Now my concern is the new job. I have an appointment on the 21st to go to an orientation at the library to begin a new job. If this doctor can't get the eyelid done next week, I will have to take off work to have it done. That may be a problem. Also I have that few days in July that I will need to take off to direct the church camp. I would have to take off a Friday and a Monday and Tuesday for that.  In September, I am registered for the John Whitmer Historical Association meeting in Lamoni, Iowa.  That's four days.

All this stuff goes on in my mind when I'm trying to sleep.

There was also a new development in the mowing dilemma.  Yesterday afternoon a woman pulled into the drive with five kids in her truck. She told me the apartment owner had sent her to oversee the mowing of the yard. She brought a nine year old boy to do the mowing. He had never mowed before but wanted to earn some money.  He did a rather sloppy job of it and it just about did him in. He was overheated. Our former owner had called the new owner and told her what the apartment manager had told me about mowing every two weeks. He told her it needed to be mowed more or the entire street was going to look bad.  So he did the best he could with the help of the woman but they did not finish the back yard. They left it half done. It was so tall he struggled to mow it.

Later the son of the former owner came over and finished the job with his huge mower. I don't know what the woman and the boy will do if they come back and find the job finished. I told this woman about the concern about the air conditioning unit too. She said it needed to be serviced.  I knew that. Last year when I turned it on, it didn't cool.  It needed freon and the owner and his son put some in and it worked fine from then on. I used the living room ceiling fan last evening and it is supposed to be even warmer today and next week. I can see this owner's apartment manager is going to be difficult. Marilyn's sink is still stopped up too.  The manager has never sent a plumber and she has been dealing with that for two weeks now.

I have way too much on my agenda.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Maybe the eye surgery will be done by the 21st. It is good that the mowing got done. Hopefully the sink problem and the AC problem get solved this week. It must be heating up in SE Kansas. Here in N. Illinois we mowed for the first time this year. We are having a late Spring. Keep after the landlord and maybe they will start getting some things done. It sounds like this new landlord was unprepared to do what has to be done with owning your apartments. Good luck with your doctor's appointment.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sue. I need all the advice I can get!

Balisha said...

My goodness you have a lot going on. It never rains but what it pours...they say.
You are so busy...all the time. I hesitate to offer advice, because you are used to doing so much. I'll offer it anyway....why don't you cut out a thing or two and have some "Margie" time? Our bodies just can't keep up the same as when we were younger.
Have a nice day,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! I try but things just continue to pile up on me.