Friday, May 9, 2014

Stormy Friday

It rained really hard last night but I must have basically slept right through it. I recall waking up and hearing the rain but I went right back to sleep.  I went to bed about 9:00.  I hear the storm is near Joplin now. I'll bet those people were wide awake. It's supposed to rain today too.

I will go to exercise class this morning and then come home and later cook lunch. We will have chicken, potatoes and gravy and a veggie. We have a jello salad too. And I still have that mixed fruit for dessert.

Bob has to go up to the dentist office to have his dry socket packed again. Then he will go to exercise class too.

Yesterday my daughter sent me a basket of emerging bulbs for my garden.   It was a Mother's Day gift. It took me 3/4 of an hour to get all the "popcorn" out of the box, the basket and the flowers. But that will be a great addition to my flower bed when it blooms.

I may clean today. It's been a week. I like to clean and change my bed on a regular schedule.  Yesterday I moved some of my clothes into the den closet and used one night table drawer for my PJs and underwear.  I am getting ready for Keith and Esther's visit the last of the month. They will leave Phoenix on Wednesday the 21st and drive the 18 hours straight through.  They will stay until the Sunday before Memorial Day. They want to get back in time to rest up one full day before going back to work.

This is the basket of my Mother's Day bulbs:



More later....

3 comments:

Balisha said...

I love that basket. It will be so pretty when the bulbs bloom. Happy Mother's Day a little early.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha, and the same to you!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a pretty basket! I thought we were to get storms here yesterday afternoon but we did not. However it was hot and humid! Felt much more like summer than spring with that humidity kicking in. The only thing that we had was some strong wind gusts for awhile...one knocked over a tabletop charcoal grill. Yes with charcoal still in it...ugh a mess to clean up :)