Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday Hair Day

I will be going to Independence this morning to get my hair cut and done. Bob will go with me. It's time for his haircut too. Afterward we will eat at Big Cheese and have a mini pizza.

I went out about 6:00 AM this morning and emptied the dirt from both bags of soil into the new flowerbed I fixed last evening. I wanted to get all this done before I get my hair done today.  It is so windy it wouldn't have done much good to wait until after our appointments to do it.

I slept real well again last night. I had had a sore right leg last evening after fixing the flowerbed but by the time I went to bed, it was fine. I did get up at about 4:45. I could tell I was through sleeping. I had gone to bed at 9:00 last evening.

I want to check with Mary about any fees for my new accounts. I changed backs since our Bank of America was sold.  I didn't want to bank at the new bank. They have a lot of fees Bank of America didn't charge us.  I need to let both boys know about the change in banks. They will need the new account number and routing number. My money won't all be transferred until the first week in June though. I have to wait to see if my Social Security hits the new bank this month. And then Blue Cross/Blue Shield, my supplement, wasn't able to change banks until next month. They ordinarily don't withdraw their money until about the 5th of the month.   What a mess!


More later....

This is the new flower bed. I hope it works out.

I say that because as I dug, I found lots of rock. This lot used to be a parking lot and it was graveled. I put four to six inches of Miracle Grow and dirt in it in hopes that would be enough to keep the roots from reaching the gravel and the flowers would make it.

We went on to Independence after I finished the flower bed and got our hair taken care of and then went to eat at Big Cheese before we came back home. 

I will take a nap soon. Or at least I will watch TV.  I usually fall asleep if I do that. 

I did get a short nap and then went to the bank to check out how I will close out my present accounts to transfer them to the new bank.

Bob came over this evening and we watched a couple of hours of TV. Then he went home and I took my bath and put my PJs on. I will try to stay up for at least another hour.




2 comments:

Balisha said...

We really have to keep on top of things now days.
Have a nice day....
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

That's the truth, Balisha!