Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Better Wednesday

I got a good night's sleep last night. It helped a lot to get the mystery of Juanita's checkbook settled and balanced. I could then put that dilemma to rest.  I called the Westar Electric company about the correct account number and they got it changed.  So she should be good now. She has closed her second checking account.

I need to go through my cookbooks and figure out what to have tomorrow evening for supper.  We are having our leftover Parmesan chicken tonight with fried potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad. I don't know about dessert either.

This is another of my short days at work...thank goodness.  I only had two patrons yesterday so I read most of the morning.

I'm having a problem with Missy, my cat. She has decided she wants to go "out" every morning now. I will not let her go out without me and not until it's light out since the neighbor cat comes over here in the dark. I don't know how friendly he would be but I know how hostile Missy is and I don't want her to go through another cat fight.  So until it gets light, I don't go out with her and I don't let her out either. This means she follows me around meowing at me wanting "out". The early morning is the only time I can let her out. In the evening here it is way too hot.  Last night at bedtime it was up in the 90s.

Tomorrow is another "long" day at work. I work from 9:45 until 4:15 on Thursday....without a break.  Even though I can lock the register to go to use the restroom, that doesn't protect the souvenir shop.  I could lock it up and leave a note saying "back in five minutes" and I may have to do that sometime. I hesitate to drink water on the job because of this particular dilemma. Amie still hasn't said anything to Wendy about the fact that I'm not supposed to work there alone. She probably won't now. She is evidently busy and has forgotten.

More later....

I met Leslie for lunch and later learned Bob had eaten enough lunch to just skip supper and go to Braums and have an ice cream cone instead of supper.  Tomorrow evening we will have the Parmesan chicken we had planned for tonight. Bob stayed for wine and then went home about 7:00. I took my bath and watched PBS this evening.


No comments: