Thursday, August 28, 2014

Another Long Thursday

This will be a long day. This job ruins both my mornings and my afternoons.  Unfortunately, it's the only available position in this program here in Coffeyville.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my short days and I always have a lot of catching up to do in the afternoon on those days. I don't know when I'm supposed to job hunt. I guess on Fridays. ...my day off.

Yesterday there was another glitch at work. Brent, the volunteer who works Tuesday afternoons did an X out at the end of the day on the cash register and was supposed to have done a Z at the end of the day. That meant when I Xed out at the end of my shift yesterday morning,  the tape showed my X out Monday (an error..I should have Zed out on Monday but missed the correct letter) and both his afternoon Tuesday and my half day on Tuesday morning and yesterday's Wednesday morning when I Xed out at the end of my shift. This cash register thing is a mess. The letters we use are so small and smeared with ink that they are impossible to read and the person ending their shift has to "feel" for the correct setting.  We are having to deal with this because a couple of weeks ago the cash register was short some money.  That reflected on me because I was the new kid on the block and the woman I worked with that day was a five year volunteer.  I hated that but that started this Xing out thing on my half days instead of just one person Zing out at the end of the day.  I don't know how the shortage occurred but I do know it wasn't me.  Wendy says doing this protects me though.

Tomorrow I am going to Bartlesville with Bob. He has a doctor's appointment and we will have lunch there afterward.  I want to stop at Dewey on our way home and buy some hamburger patties at Peck's.

Tonight we will have our "warm over" Parmesan chicken and a veggie and some tomatoes.  I will get some mixed fruit for dessert.

More later....

My nephew died this morning. Bob was over here when we heard. Terry was his son-in-law.  We went right out to see Denise, his daughter.  We spent some time there and Bob went back after I went on to work.

Tomorrow I will fix a casserole dish to take out to her. Her three kids are there now.  The church will do something for them after we hear from the pastors. My daughter, one of them, went out there when we were there. 

No comments: