Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another Exhausting Night

I didn't sleep well again last night. I awoke about 3:00AM and really never did get back to sleep. I got up at 4:00AM. 

I have way too much on my mind. Periodically the job bothers me..especially when I have too many people coming in at once.  I made two mistakes on the register yesterday and had to mark them on the tape. Then four people who came in and bought combo tickets (both the Brown Mansion and the Dalton Defenders Museum at a discount) called me and told me the mansion was closed. They evidently cut it too close on their time and missed the curator. I had told them to be ten or fifteen minutes early because Samantha leaves right on the hour by her time.  They will come back in today for a $22.00 refund.  That's strange anyhow because Samantha called to find out if I had sold any combo tickets and I told her I had sold four and they would probably come for the 2:00 tour since it was already noon and they had not come for the noon tour.  That troubled me.

Then the problem with Juanita's checkbook also bothers me. I am going back up to Independence after work to take Juanita to the bank to try to find out what happened to the other two bills that didn't clear the bank. If I don't get back in time to fix our hamburgers, we will just go to Braums and buy hamburgers and eat them there.

Trying to cook is getting more and more difficult. The job ruins both my morning and my afternoon. This is not good for a part time job.  I would much rather work either mornings or afternoon instead of half of both.  By the time I get home on Mondays and Thursdays, I am exhausted and really do not enjoy the cooking. And I have the cleanup afterward too.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

I don't know what to say. I really can read between the lines and see how frustrated you are. It's not healthy to stress yourself like this. I keep putting myself in your place and realize that I'm not able to handle a job and my life here at home.I hope things lighten up for you....or that you can find something else to do. Without enough sleep....we don't function well. Well, you know all of this and I'm sure it doesn't help for someone to tell you, but a few words from someone who cares might be helpful.
Hugs....Balisha

marlu said...

I hope you can get more sleep - rest time - and things get easier for you.

Margie's Musings said...

I got Juanita's checkbook balanced...at last! That should help a lot. Thanks for caring gals!