Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday and Church

I will go to church this morning and afterward go out to eat with some of the congregation.  After that, I will come home and do my letters. Tomorrow is Columbus Day and there will be no mail. So those that go out in the snail mail will get theirs one day later.

Then I will bake my pineapple upside down cake for the Living the Questions group tonight.  It will be a big day.

In fact, this will be a big week. Tomorrow is free except for baking a cake for the Christian Church in Independence. I will take those from Coffeyville up on Tuesday and just before that, get my hair done up there at 8:30.  Then Tuesday evening I need to attend the city commission meeting at 6:30.  I applied to be one of  the people  chosen to serve on the Municipal Facilities Renovation Advisory Panel for the city. I am the only woman who applied out of fifteen applicants so I don't expect to be chosen but I have to appear at the meeting and explain why I want to serve.

Wednesday I have a 9:40 appointment with Dr. Shagets in Joplin. Later that evening at 5:30 I should attend the PINCH meeting. Paul went to the trouble to e-mail me about it.  

Bob and I want to go to Branson on Thursday and Friday but we'll have to wait to see what the weather will be like.  Mission Center Conference is that Saturday and I may not attend since it's 2 1/2 hours away and begins at 9:00. I would have to leave very early to make it and I won't want to go alone.  Leslie can't go. She's on call that weekend.

The following Friday, Saturday and Sunday (24th, 25th and 26th) Leslie and I will be gone to the Peace Colloquy in Independence, Missouri. 

More later....

4:30. I have just taken the Pineapple Upside Down cake out of the oven and turned it upside down. It looks good. I saw Bob leaving home and called to ask him to pick up some ice cream for tonight too. I will pay him back when he brings  it over. 

I've heard from Keith and Joyce and Marilyn. Bob knows about it. I hope Bobby and Karan haven't forgotten.  

More...

There were only six of us. Mona and her family couldn't make it. We had a good time though. The pineapple upside down cake was good too. 

No comments: