Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday Cake Day

I leave at 8:00 to take the cakes up to Independence to the First Christian Church. I'll get my hair shampooed first at 8:30.

I had intended to take Juanita to Bartlesville today to eat at Dink's but I will need to check with her before I go to Independence because I also told Bob we were going to have spaghetti for lunch today.  I had temporarily forgotten about my conversation with Juanita. Bob may have to be on his own today after all.

I slept very well last night and didn't get up until 5:30. I had woke up at 3:00 and gone to the bathroom and then got right back to sleep.  Being under the weather yesterday morning and up several times in the night must have helped me to sleep last night.

We plan to go to Joplin tomorrow for my appointment with Dr. Shagetts, who did my eye lid surgery in May.  We will eat at Olive Garden and walk the mall afterward. Then tomorrow evening I have to attend the city commission meeting downtown.  I have asked to be appointed to the committee to advise the city on the renovations they are doing to the city's buildings. There are 15 of us who have applied  and I am the only woman. They are only going to appoint 7 so I seriously doubt they will appoint me.  But I have to go to explain why I would like to serve.

Then Thursday, we plan to go to Branson  for a day and a half. We would come back home on Friday afternoon.

More later....

I went to the city commission meeting last night hoping to be appointed to a committee to oversee the renovations of the city buildings. After I heard the presentations of the other nominees, I was glad I didn't get appointed. Most of them had special skills in building and were a lot more qualified then I am. There were 17 nominees.  They chose 7.

I got home after 9:00, took my bath and went to bed.  
 

No comments: