Thursday, January 8, 2015

An Aggravating Thursday

I woke up in the night at 2:30 AM hearing a weird scraping noise.  Finally I got up to track it down. The speakers of the auxiliary speaker system were getting static. I had to physically turn them off. Then the transmitter continued to try to turn them on and it made a noise too. Finally I got back up and unhooked it too. When I got up this morning, I packed up the system and am going to return it today.  It overrides the TV speaker system and the auxiliary speakers are not near as clear and good as the TV speakers. My old system didn't do that. It allowed the TV speakers too and the result was very good. Unfortunately AR is no longer making that set.  These are not AR though.

It's 6 degrees here in southeast Kansas  this morning. Brrrrr.

We are going to have sloppy joe sandwiches for lunch.  It's been awhile since we've had those. I will make some homemade french fries too and we have that Coke that Bob brought over last week when we had chili.

When 9:00 comes I will make that trip to Independence to return those speakers. I will get back in time to take the ham over to Joyce's and also fix our lunch. 

It will be so good to get back to 4 hours at work again. What a grind it has been this past two weeks.  It's just been an extra hour a day and a couple on Saturday but it seemed like a lot more.

More later....

Well, today went well.  First Katie, the librarian, had me prepare some goodie bags for our new state representatives.  I'm not sure "why"... but mine is not to reason "why", mine is just to do or die. :)

I cleaned one entire shelf after I put away the DVDs and straightened the books.  Then I got out the DVD cleaning machine and cleaned and repaired a stack of DVDs. That and a continual job of putting away DVDs and putting the empty cases in the bookcases kept me busy until 5:00.  I am so glad to be back to 4 hours a day.

I stayed up until 9:00 PM and then Missy and I went to bed. 


No comments: