Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday and a Hair Appointment

This morning at 9:00 I have a hair appointment in Independence and do it need it! Afterward I will kill a little time before stopping by Big Cheese and picking up a mini pizza for Bob and me for lunch.  I may get a "small" instead so he will have leftovers for dinner tonight.

Bob's cold is on the mend. Now he has gout again. He has been taking a medicine that was supposed to prevent that. Obviously, it didn't work. They are increasing the dosage in hopes that will take care of it. I'm afraid I have little faith in doctors in general.  My experiences with them have been bad.

Leslie is coming this afternoon after work to install my new auxiliary speakers for my TV.  I hope they work. When Scott plugged in the other ones that I had had since 2008, the transmitter went out.  They were 6 years old but I had expected them to last longer then that. I hope these new ones have as good a sound.

I will work five hours today and tomorrow and that will finish making up for the time I lost over the holiday.  Then I will go back to four hours a day until the next holiday.

More later....

The husband of one of my dear friends died today. It was sudden. I need to go see her so I will finish this later.

Back again....

My friend's husband died of undiagnosed leukemia. He didn't even know he had it until Saturday. His white blood count was 200,000 on Saturday. By this morning it was 400,000. It was a very
virulent type of leukemia.....acute myeloid leukemia.  The doctor told my friend that people seldom live a week with it.  What a tragedy. He was 80.

No comments: