Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday At Last

Today is a welcome day. This has been an extremely hectic week. Between the death of Keith, Joyce's husband on Sunday morning, getting the ham sliced and ready to take to her, going to buy toner for the church's print copier, returning  the speaker system, cleaning the apartment, going to the market, doing laundry and fixing meals, I have felt my life was very full this week.  Tomorrow is Keith's funeral and I will attend at 11:00 and then decide if I want to go to Bartlesville afterward.  A lot depends on the weather. It's 23 degrees this morning but that's a vast improvement over the 5 degrees we had yesterday.

I am going to make potato soup for lunch.  We will have cheese and crackers and hot tea with it.

I got most of the DVDs cleaned and repaired yesterday. I think I have a couple of talking books yet to do. I will clean and shelf read today unless Katie has something else for me to do. After Paula, the student helper, leaves I will be checking in and putting away DVDs too. Paula only stays an hour.  So the rest of the afternoon that responsibility is mine.

More later...

The potato soup turned out fine. Bob brought cheese and some neat pickles and we had crackers with the soup. 

What a day at work! We are starting an inventory of all the books in the library. ...or rather I did. Katie brought me a tablet and a hand held scanner and told me to start in the As in fiction and scan the bar code of every book.  I scanned 780 books today....that's one aisle on one side  Unfortunately almost every scan took at least four or five tries as the scanner tried to read the codes. I got as far as into the B's in three hours. Every time I finished a shelf, I needed to "save" the bar codes on that shelf on the tablet.  I had to turn a book sideways each time to keep track of what I had already scanned. By the time I finished, my left thumb was almost numb.  I imagine I will be doing this every day for months. What a mess!

I got home shortly after 5:00 tonight.  I had a yogurt and two cups of Chi Latte and am ready for a bath.  Tomorrow I want to change my bed and wash the bedding before that funeral for Keith at 11:00.


No comments: