Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Again

I slept very well last night. I spent the evening reading Ron's book and finished it this morning. It was very interesting and quite an autobiography. My eyes got tired about 8:00 and I started to watch the Patriots/Cubs game but couldn't keep my eyes open to finish.

I have not heard yet this morning who won the football game between the Colts and the Patriots. I checked the internet and as it turned out the Patriots won 34 to 27. I simply could not stay awake to finish watching the game. I went to bed at 9:00.

Missy and I have been outside already and it was very chilly. We didn't stay out long.  She is lying here behind me on the daybed now watching me type this blog.

Today I will do laundry and perhaps initiate my new sweeper. I have to discover how it works and how all it's accessories work.  I don't know what I will do with my old one. The power drive belt kept coming off.

I don't believe I will start back to exercise classes yet. I have quite a bit I want to do first.  I would like to find a good shredder and use it to shred stuff from my file cabinet that is far outdated. I may drive out to Wal Mart and see if they have one at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I may check out Amazon.

Back later....

Denise, my niece, came and visited with me for an hour or so and we had a good visit.  She was waiting for her sister to come back to town.  Diana and her husband are visiting Bob and have been for the past day. I don;t know what their plans are for today for lunch. I still have the stew I made last Friday and they could eat it if they want.

I have my laundry in the dryer now and the cake for tomorrow is cooling on the rack on the counter. I baked it while Denise was here. Bob brought Karan's from exercise class. Now all I need are Bob's and Phyllis'.  And I need to ice mine when it's cool. If Bob is able...if his company is gone by tomorrow,  he will go with me to take the cakes up tomorrow and we will eat at Great China too after I get my hair done. This time I won't have to rush home to go to work.

More even later....

This afternoon, my niece,  Diana, and her husband, Tony, my niece, Denise, and my grandnephew, Russell and his wife Amanda, and my brother-in-law, Bob all came over for a visit. Russell and Amanda were married Saturday in Lawrence.  They are on their way to Branson for their honeymoon.  It was good of the entire group to stop by to visit me too. We later went out to the cemetery to find my stepdad, Russell's grave as well as the rest of the family.  Russell wanted to see the grave of my stepfather, Russell, whom he was named after.

They left awhile ago and went on to Branson and Diana and Tony went on to Bartlesville where they have a motel. Tomorrow, Bob and I will go to Independence to deliver the cakes and also for me to get my hair done. Then in the afternoon Diana and Tony will return for the last of their visit with Bob.

Bob will be over at 5:00. We will go over to Braums and get a hamburger and fries since I didn't eat anything today. He may get something too.

No comments: