Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday and Hair and Cake Day

Last evening I baked Bob's cake for him and before I went to bed, I iced it. He had had a huge day and I thought he needed some help. He had not had his usual nap either with all that company there all day.  They will be back this afternoon. In the meantime, we will take the cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church for their dinner this evening. After we do that, I will go have my hair washed and done and he will take a walk. After I get my hair finished, we will do some window shopping before going to Great China for lunch.

I ended up having chili for dinner last night and that was a mistake. I awoke in the night with an upset stomach. I never go to bed with anything spicy on my stomach. I took a Tums but that wasn't a lot of help. I slept fitfully until 3:30 when I got up and took another Tums. Then I slept until 5:30. I seem to be fine now. I hope I have learned my lesson though. Generally I just have yogurt for supper. That always sits well on my stomach.

I did finally manage to get Avast to deal with the two virus' on the laptop.  I am hoping that will take care of my annoying pop up problem.

Yesterday before all the company came I went out to Wal Mart and bought a shredder. I want to clean out my file cabinet and I began yesterday by shredding an entire sack of old documents.   I will have to be careful not to overheat it. You are supposed to only shred for 4 minutes before giving it a break to cool down.

More later....

I picked up Bob at 8:00 and then we went on up to the church to get Sue's cake out of the freezer   Then we took all 5 of them up to the First Christian Church for their dinner tonight.  We used the detour this time. They had oiled the road and it was not near as dusty.

Then I went on to my hair appointment and then out to Wal Mart. I bought some contact cleaner but primarily we just looked around the store. Then we went to Sayers Ace Hardware and then to Bob's bank so he could get some cash. After that, we drove around Independence to kill some time and ended up at Great China for lunch. We both had Lemon Chicken. Very good! Then we came back to Coffeyville and I took him home.

I came home and finished my laundry. I took Missy's litter box out back and emptied the litter and washed the box and brought it back in and filled it with clean litter.  She is so spoiled!

I may read this afternoon. I finished Ron's book.

I went up to the Journal Office and subscribed to the Journal for $20.00 for a year. That's less then half price. Then I washed my car for the week. I have been reading the newspaper the past half hour.

Now it is 3:30 and I have been posting on Facebook.  Missy is asleep in the recliner.

Bob called me at 5:00 and wanted me to come over to visit with his family.  I did that. When they left, he came over to watch an hours TV with me. He left at 7:00.  I began to watch it.  Later around 9:00 I will go to bed.

No comments: