Saturday, October 8, 2016

Terrible News From Florida on Saturday Morning

I heard from, Scott, about 4:30 this morning. that they are safe but the house is a mess. The inside of the house is soaking wet. Lost lots of shingles on top of the roof, which caused the roof to leak lots of damage. Furniture is pushed around to dry areas in hopes to stop damage there. It's a brand new house. They just moved in this spring.

The insurance adjuster will be there on Tuesday. He says the whole upstairs is ruined and that includes the walls. They lost a lot of shingles and that was what caused some of the damage. The rest of the water came through the glass windows and sliding glass doors. He has gone back to bed now to try to get some sleep.They have no power. Until the sun comes up he will not know the full extent of the damage.

I was so afraid of that. At least they are safe.

This the dock next door.




I doubt it will be repaired.

I went to Walmart and bought a few groceries and then to the bank for money.  Bob and I went to breakfast at Eggberts this morning and will be attending his family reunion later on this morning at Sirloin Stockade.

So more later....

We did attend the family reunion. My heart wasn't in it. I was still concerned about all Scott and Ginger have gone through.  But I went to the store to buy Juanita a birthday card this afternoon. Her 96th birthday is next Tuesday. I want to get her a box of chocolates for her birthday and I will do that on Tuesday when I go up there to get my hair done.

More even later....

Bob came over at 5:15 and stayed for the news. After he left I took a shower and washed my hair and sat with Missy in the recliner until 8:00. By then I just couldn't stay awake any longer. Missy and I went on to bed.


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sorry to hear of Scott's misfortune.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. But it will eventually clean up. Thank you for your concern.

marlu said...

I was hoping that they were not in the affected area until I looked on the Google map. So glad they are ok but so sorry about their loss and all the others who have damage.....

Betty said...

I'm sorry to hear about the hurricane damage. But, as you said, at least they're all right. The rest can be taken care of.