Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept until 6:30 this morning....something I have not done in years.  I feel good and rested.

I have fed Missy and myself and dressed and got ready for the day.

I now have to use the Cox remote to change channels. Somehow I goofed  up the Bose remote yesterday afternoon. I now use the Bose remote to adjust the volume and mute the TV. But if I attempt to change channels with it, the TV "source" button comes up and shows the source. But I can turn it on and off with either remote. When things settle down a bit I will call Bose and ask them to walk me through programming the new remote they sent me last month. It's such an ordeal. The last time I did that, I got an Hispanic woman and I had a terrible time understanding her and she could not transfer me to a person I could understand.

I will pick up Bob at 8:20 and we will go to Independence so I can get my hair done. Also, I had asked Leslie to make a copy of the DVD the Pittsburg, Kansas TV station had sent to Scott and me last Christmastime with the interview the TV station had with Bob and Paul and Carol Fairbank back in 2001 about their experience with their Red Cross deployment to New York after 9/11.  I saw Carol at the beauty shop last week and she told me she and Paul had never seen it. I told her I would ask Leslie to make her a copy and I would bring it to her today. I want to take it over to them while we are in Independence this morning.

After that, Bob and I will eat lunch at Great China.

More later...

After I got my hair done we took Bob's jeans over to the laundry and then went out to Paul and Carol's to deliver that DVD. She was so thrilled! I texted Leslie about it. Then we went and looked around at Goody's to kill some time until the Great China opened.

We also went to Walmart to get some small Kleenex for the pews at church and some small paper cups for the coffee.  

Then we ate at Great China. I $1.50 was short of cash for my lunch so I gave Bob the $6.81 I had and he paid the rest of my lunch.

We stopped by the church to put away what we had bought for the church and then I took him home and came home myself.  I need to go by the bank and get some more money before Thursday when I go to lunch with Gay at Cherryvale.  Thursday Bob has an appointment at Toyota in Independence to have his oil changed and also pick up his jeans at the laundry so he will be on his own for lunch on Thursday .

More later...


No comments: