Monday, September 4, 2017

Monday and Labor Day

I slept well last night without any antihistamines. I awoke feeling pretty good.

I have been following Hurricane Irma on the weather channel. It may hit Florida and I don't know whether it would go far enough up north to hit Yulee, where Scott and Ginger live. I hope not. They went through Hurricane Matthew last year and had major damage.

I don't have a plan for today. I will fix lunch. I have the hamburger thawing and we will either have meatloaf or spaghetti. I haven't decided which. It depends on how thawed the meat gets. It's spaghetti if it isn't completely thawed.

I have done a small load of laundry already this morning.

I fixed the meatloaf and baked potatoes and frozen corn for lunch and since I had baked my cake for the First Christian Church in Independence for tomorrow, I made four cupcakes too. We will each have a cupcake for dessert. 

It will be hot today that's for sure. We have had a week or so of temperatures in the 80's but at least today it will be in the high 90's.

More later...

It was hot today. I laid down with Missy and took a short nap. Then I sat down and read part of the afternoon. After that, I began work on my sermon for October 22nd. There were no exercises today because of the Labor Day holiday.

I also did another load of laundry this afternoon.

Bob came over to watch the news and left at 6:00. Then I posted on this blog and will soon take my bath and put my p.j.s on. I plan to go to bed at 9:00.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that you had a good day :) After unusually cooler temps we hit 81 today though rain and cooler weather is to arrive again. Got the grass mowed just in time for more rain :)

As to Irma I hope that she implodes or something / we don't need another hurricane hitting the USA right now!

Margie's Musings said...

Especially not Yulee, where my son lives in his year and a half year old home that was hit with Hurricane Matthew.