Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday and a Sermon

I slept pretty well last night. I got up shortly after 5:00 and dressed and got ready for the day.

Rick and Carmen had company all day yesterday. I don't know whether they will be at church today or not. They haven't missed in a couple of months. They are such nice kids and my next door neighbors.

I will be speaking this morning. There are six of us that rotate that responsibility. Three of us are Elders and we have one Priest, and one Teacher. Bill is not a member but he has attended for twenty five years and he brings a message. Those titles are offices in our church.We have no paid ministry. We are all self sustaining. We now have three pastors. When I retired from the office three years ago, I nominated the three pastors. They have shared the responsibility ever since. They all have very responsible jobs. My daughter is the Elder and the scheduling pastor and she is a case manager for Four County Mental Health,  Melissa is the events pastor and a doctor and is the priest and Johnna is the teacher pastor. I do not know what Johnna's full time job is.  Leslie and Melissa are the Coffeyville/ Independence representatives and Johnna represents the members from Neodesha. It works for us.

After church we will probably go over to Cherryvale for lunch at "Just Us". After lunch I will come home and do my congregational newsletters.

More later...

The sermon went over well. After that we went to "Just  Us" for lunch. Then Bob brought us home and I got my newsletters out.

More later...

I laid on the sofa with Missy in the afternoon and took a short nap. Later I read in my book.

Bob came in to watch the news and 60 Minutes. He left after that and I took my bath and watched TV until 9:00 when Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: