Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day

I awoke at 2:00AM and it was off and on from then on. I finally just got up at 4:00AM.  I am ready for the day. I have fed Missy and myself.

I have checked the weather channel and Hurricane Irma is coming down on Florida. My younger son and his wife are probably in it's path. They live in Florida seven miles from the eastern coast. They say it may be a category 5 before it hits Florida on Friday evening. Last year they were hit with Hurricane Matthew. It took a couple of months before their damage was repaired. And Matthew was  a category 5.

I checked with Scott this morning and they are preparing already.  They now have a generator.

An emergency kit should include these things:  A gallon of water for each person per week and prepare for two weeks, a battery operated radio and extra batteries, extra cash, flashlights, matches, first aid kit, Duct tape, rain gear, canned food, manual can opener, extra  blankets, heavy gloves, extra meds, scissors, fire extinguisher, plastic garbage bags, clock, soap, bottled juice, two coolers...one for drinks and one for food, dry pet food, store important papers and documents in waterproof container.

This hurricane is huge! It just went to category 5.

 


Bob and I will deliver the cakes today at the First Christian Church in Independence just before I get my hair done. Then we will do some browsing around before we go to Big Cheese for lunch. Then we will go on to Bartlesville for a 2:30 appointment to get my oil changed at Honda of Bartlesville. I have a coupon for a $19.95 oil change there.

When I get back home I will take Bob to his home and then come home to take a nap with Missy.

More later...

We ended up going to Bartlesville for lunch at McCalisters. Then we walked around the mall until time to go to Honda of Bartlesville and get my oil changed and my tires rotated.

I took Bob home after I stopped at Woodshed and bought gasoline.  Then I came home myself and worked on my checkbook. I transferred some money from my savings to buy a new rocker recliner at Bob Loftis Furniture in Bartlesville. I will need to get that money back in my savings at $100. a month.

They will deliver the rocker recliner on Friday.  I gave the old chair to Kenny Tosh for some of Dr. Sandu's rentals. I was glad to get rid of it. It was such a mess. Missy had ruined it but it was old anyhow. Now I know that if I put the sofa pillows in the chairs, she will not get into them.

The new one will go well with my sofa. It is a beige gold plain color. The sofa has a pattern with that color it it.

More later...


I watched TV with Missy until 8:00. We watched American Experience on PBS and it was the second half of "Walt Disney" that I watched the first half of last Tuesday.  Then I went to bed at 9:00 but first I took a ZeeQuil.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Can't wait to see your chair. Hope the storm misses Scott!
Well hope it misses everyone.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three. But it's supposed to be catastrophic. I worry about the kids. They had a lot of damage from Category 5 Hurricane Matthew last year and it wasn't as powerful.