Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday and A Massacre

I awoke at 12:30 and wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep so I took a Zzzquil to get back to sleep. I woke up next to a massacre in Las Vegas.  More then 59 people have been killed and 500 injured.  He shot himself in the room after police breached the hotel room. There were in excess of seventeen rifles in his room and two handguns.It turns out that he had 23 guns in the room and 19 at his home. Lord only knows what he had in mind.

I turned on Channel 6 but they were still doing "local" news. So I turned to NBC news to find out what was going on. ABC also was covering this news and even Fox was covering it. I don't know where CBS was. This is the worst terrorist attack in American history.

Channel 6 just offered a five minute blurb about this massacre. I am not impressed. I have been watching NBC report it all morning.  Still no CBS news.

This must have happened at 10:00 last night according to the Las Vegas sheriff.  Steven Craig Paddock was the name of the shooter. 

I am getting ready to leave in an hour to pick up Bob for exercise class.

So..more later..

I got Bob and we went to exercise class. Later I came back home and fixed dinner.  We had tuna cakes and boiled potatoes with broccoli and a salad. I had saved two cupcakes for our dessert.

After dinner I went to Independence to buy my makeup base. I also went by the driver's license place bureau but they were not open. Also, although I had most of what I needed with me, they now want our birth certificates too...why I have no idea.  I will go by Dr. Burch's office later to get a note authenticating my vision, That will keep me from having to have my eyesight checked there.

When I got home, I took Missy out for awhile. She loves to go outside. She's so old, I like to give her that treat. Bob came over at 5:00 to watch the news. He left at 6:30. I then took my bath and got ready for bed. Later Missy and I watched Antique Roadshow. At 9:00 we will go to bed. 

No comments: